Sunday, March 31, 2013

POLL UPDATE! TEN GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL-TIME!" THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, AND I NEED MORE PARTICIPANTS TO FIND IT!



I'm not gonna lie, It's been conducting this poll for almost a year, and still, I'm having trouble getting people to participate. I know that I'm getting more hits and readers than ever before. Yeah, this March was the single biggest month this blog has ever had, I'm getting 100+ hits/day, and yet, this time around, I only got two new ballots in, for my "TEN GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL-TIME!" poll, since last the last update. My goal is 100 BALLOTS, and it's open to everybody, and yet, so few people ever participate. So, I hope to get a lot more people this time around.  I still need 38 ballots to reach my goals of 100 participants.    I'll keep this up, but you guys have to help me out and get more people to participate. Tell people who love television, to submit their ballots. This isn't just a television response/equivalent to "Sight & Sound"'s movie poll, this should also be a fun way to express oneself. What do you consider, the greatest of all television shows! It isn't just a personal opinion, it's a personal expression about oneself, and what one represents. It's as much apart of you, as one favorite colors or foods, or anything else that's a personal and unique part of you. That should be expressed for the world to hear and see, and expressed loudly, at-the-top-of-yours-lungs, even. So, let's get some more ballots this time around!

Thanks to those who did submit this time, and here are the latest ballots.

MICHAEL ARNOLD
1. The X-Files
2. M*A*S*H
3. ER
4. Kolchak: The Night Stalker
5. All in the Family
6. The Shield
7. South Park
8. The Sopranos
9. Deadwood
10. The Wonder Years

BILL CALDWELL
The Beverly Hillbillies
Seinfeld
Burn Notice
Cheers ('82)
The Simpsons
South Park
Married... with Children
Bonanza
Two and a Half Men
Newhart

With so few ballots, and so few repeats votes, their wasn't much change at all at the top of the results. Despite "South Park", getting two votes, the most significant jumper was "The X-Files", which jumped into the Top five. Other than that, not much change at all, with "Seinfeld" "M*A*S*H", "All in the Family" and "Cheers", still ahead in the pack.

Alright, that's your update, now let's go over the rules to, what I expect, will be the dozens of new participants I should get this time around. To submit your ballot, either comment on this blog, on one of the dozens of FB posts that of this blog, which you can find on my FB page, TWITTER me your ballot to @DavidBaruffi_EV if you want to ever, or get a hold of me on the street and tell me your ballot face-to-face. (Well, please try to avoid the stalking option but you get the idea.) However you do it, do it. Message me of FB too, if you want. You don't have to rank your choices, that only counts in tiebreakers. Oh, and be as specific as possible. Sometimes there's multiple TV shows with the same title, like "Hawaii Five-O" for instance. I tend to use the year, the show came out, but make it clear which show(s) you want to vote for. I don't want to have to guess. Oh, and not that same note, make sure you leave a name. I'm not counting Anonymous ballots. These are your choices for the GREATEST TV SHOWS of ALL-TIME, this shouldn't be something that you feel the need to keep secret anyway, no matter what shows  you vote for. Besides, just like "Sight & Sound", I post everybody personal ballot. Also, keep a name and some way for me to contact you, just in case I have any questions, or for instance, may have to have you clarify, or in rare cases, when I may have to disqualify a vote. Oh, before I forget, here are the eligibility rules!

RULE #1: As long as it originated on television, it's eligible for the poll, regardless of genre. That means that you can vote for anything you want. Sitcom, drama, talk show, reality show, soap opera, news magazine, children's show, animated show, instructional show, miniseries, TV movie, network, cable,... etc. as long as it originally aired on television, it's eligible. (ie. you can't vote for "M*A*S*H", the original movie, because that was first shown in movie theatres, but you can vote for "M*A*S*H", the TV series, 'cause that aired on TV.)

RULE #2: You must select 10 and ONLY 10 shows. No picking more, no picking less. Just 10.

Those are the rules. When I say I've disqualified a few votes, it's usually something like "The Three Stooges" or "Looney Tunes", which were shorts films, that pre-date TV, and originally aired in movie theaters, so yes, with certain things, be careful, and make sure that you're picking television programs.

Alright, that's everything as far as I can tell. Now, let's get some more ballots in!




8 comments:

Trentflix said...

Off the top of my head. If you haven't seen any of these, do yourself a big favor:

The Wire
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Breaking Bad
The Thick of it
Arrested Development
Archer
The IT Crowd
Band of Brothers
State of Play

Anonymous said...

A Fan's Cut

http://afanscut.blogspot.com/

This is my blog on how Great Films Could Have Been Made Differently.

if you have time then please take a look.

I'm also looking to collaborate with a screenwriter.

Comments are welcome

Sorry for disturbing,thanks.

David Baruffi said...

Thanks for your ballot Trent Allgood. I have seen most of the shows, and quite a few of the others are on my Netflix.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a long reply and for the offer-I'm just happy-i'm waiting for the scenario,just let me know-i hope to live upto your expectation.

And I myself know that doing is harder than saying-my aim is not to disrespect the great filmmakers-that's why i wrote-"How great films could have been made DEFFERENTLY"-not BETTER-I just use the publicity of their great creations for exposing my talent-i can't write on my own film ideas because then i'm losing money which i could earn by them-but writing on released films-i'm not going to lose anything.

And accidently Gordon's son character has resemblances to that of some from comic-but it was an accident-please read the last part of my updated post.
Sorry for troubling but i just want to be authentic.

David Baruffi said...

Amanda Owens had trouble voting here, but she gave me her ballot on AD's You're the Critic on FB.

AMANDA OWENS
I Love Lucy
M*A*S*H
Seinfeld
Cheers ('82)
All in the Family
The Sopranos
The Twilight Zone ('59)
The Wonder Years
Frasier
Saturday Night Live

David Baruffi said...

One of my fellow movie critics, Brandon Krzysztof, has become the first participant in this Poll, to vote on TWITTER!

BRANDON KRZYSZTOF
1. Lost ('04)
2. Breaking Bad
3. Friday Night Lights
4. Veronica Mars
5. The Office ('05, US)
6. The Twilight Zone ('59)
7. Happy Days ('74)
8. Sons of Anarchy
9. The Sopranos
10. South Park

David Baruffi said...

Rob Belote from GuysNation.com, which btw, posts links to my Movie Reviews, and keeps track of my ratings, has submitted his ballot!

ROB BELOTE
1. Friday Night Lights
2. Scrubs
3. Community
4. Sherlock ('10)
5. The Cosby Show
6. Firefly
7. Mad Men
8. Breaking Bad
9. Batman ('92 Animated Series)
10. Sports Night

Entertainment Poll said...

yeah very true. good one keep posting